The charity auction starts at 15:00 on Sunday and will take place at the Mane Stage.
As with previous years, Hearth’s Warming Con will once again host a charity auction in 2020, taking place on Sunday 1st March. We are still accepting donations! Have something you would like to donate to help out with this year’s charity? Then please fill out this form.
The beneficiary of the charity is The Dream Factory, a Dutch non-profit organisation of modest size but tremendous heart dedicated to the education of children from developing countries. Working on-site with schools, orphanages, and foster homes, they aid exactly those for whom a safe space of learning would otherwise be anything but guaranteed. Their current projects, as you can see clearly in this video, involve HIV positive orphans around Port Elizabeth, South Africa as well as albino children in Kenia, who are sorely lacking in means of education and adequate protection from the sun.
In addition to the Charity Auction, The Dream Factory‘s representatives would also like to collect school supplies such as rulers, pens, and stickers, as well as hard-to-acquire protection from the sun for the aforementioned albino children, such as slippers, lip balm, and hats. You’ll be able to donate these at the Info Booth: the charity will make sure it goes to those who need it most!
Rules & terms for donations
– Items must be SFW.
– Items cannot be sharp, explosive or in any way dangerous.
– Items can not be handed over to HWCon before the con.
– All items can be handed over at the info booth between 11:00 and 16:00 o’clock on Saturday and between 11:00 o’clock and one and a half hours before the charity auction on Sunday.
– The item(s) will be in HWCon’s possession until they are sold.
– All money goes to charity.
– HWCon will handle the item(s) with proper care.
– HWCon is not liable for damages on the item(s).